BUILD A CASH COW BUSINESS, 7 BIOGRAPHIES FOR BUSINESS MASTERY
The following list includes the 17 most fascinating and informative biographies on business leadership, entrepreneurship, business operation, and financial management, that you can possibly find in a bookstore or a library.
The stories of these biographies are inspirational and educational; the lessons of these books will teach you how to become a robust and effective entrepreneur, business owner, team builder, CEO, and business leader.
Some of these biographies will talk about heroes you admire and others about people you dislike; try to keep an open mind and be willing to learn how different people had to overcome business challenges, deal with failures and achieve profitable success.
Add these books to your wishlist or library, go through a single biography per month, and apply the lessons to your business.
Disclosure: Some links below are affiliate links. At zero cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through the link and complete a purchase. Thank you for being supportive!
1. The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of the Walt Disney Company
In this captivating biography, the author shares his stories of leading the Walt Disney Company; this book will teach you leadership, compassion, business development, and management skills. Check it out.
2. Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike
A fascinating and a must-read for every entrepreneur, Phil Knight, Nike co-founder, shares the beginning stories of launching and growing the Nike brand; this book will teach you the art of combining resilience, passion, and business mentality to build a global brand. Check it out.
3. Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration
In this beautiful book, the author shares the stories behind the world’s most successful animation studio, Pixar; it also shares insights about a different and more gentle side of Apple’s co-founder Steve Jobs's management style. Check it out.
4. Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose
In this enlightening biography, Tony Hsieh, Zappos’s CEO, the world’s top shoe online retailer, shares eye-opening and incredible stories about the importance of long-term thinking and building a customer-focused brand.
This book will teach you how to make customers fall in love with your business. Check it out.
5. Alibaba: The House That Jack Ma Built
In this excellent biography, Jack Ma, the co-founder and the Ceo of the Alibaba Group, shares the humble story of his tough beginnings and leadership tips on empowering teams and winning in a hyper-competitive marketplace even when all the odds are against you.
This book will show you how to push harder, fight through the challenges and become an effective business leader. Check it out.
6. No Rules Rules: Netflix and the Culture of Reinvention
Building an everlasting business is about nurturing a collaborative culture; in this mind-shifting biography, Reed Hastings, Netflix’s co-founder, shares strategies and tactics to overcome the struggles of building a culture of excellence and equality. Check it out.
7. Tim Cook: The Genius Who Took Apple to the Next Level
Tim Cook, by far, is one of the most successful corporate CEOs of all time; in this biography, the author shares how the presence of Tim and his managerial style has led Apple to its current massive success. Check it out
10 More Business Biographies That Are Worth Your Every Penny and Every Second
1. Authentic: A Memoir by the Founder of Vans 2. The Story of Lululemon: Little Black Stretchy Pants 3. Principles: Life and Work 4. Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future 5. Grinding It Out: The Making of McDonald’s 6. The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon 7. Last Man Standing: The Ascent of Jamie Dimon and JPMorgan Chase 8. Sam Walton: Made In America 9. Onward: How Starbucks Fought for Its Life without Losing Its Soul 10. Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination
That’s my list, feel free to mention other worth reading business biographies in the comment section.
If you want to learn more about building a profitable business or optimizing your small business for maximum profitability, I got this FREE course for you. Check it out >> How to Build a Profitable Small Business Online Course.